Our Aims & Our Mission
Please click here to see a summary of the School Development Plan for 2016-2017
At Normanton we strive to enable all of our children to appreciate the value and application of education in their lives. We aim for every child to experience success and help them recognise their importance as an individual.
Our Aims – our pupils will:
- Be motivated to reach high personal standards across the curriculum
- Understand how to engage in effective learning
- Be able to make informed choices to develop and maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit
- Have positive self esteem / pride in themselves and be confident in what they can achieve
- Be flexible and adaptable when questioning and embracing our evolving world
- Have the skills to learn productively both independently and as part of a team
- Be respectful and responsible individuals who make positive contributions to the world around them
Our Mission – we will provide:
- A rich, varied and broad curriculum which is relevant and exciting to all our pupils.
- Inspirational teaching which incorporates creative activities and investigative / problem solving approaches to learning
- An enriching and stimulating programme of visits, visitors and extra curricular activities
- Stimulating learning environments which are well researched, interactive and provide access to technologies
- A success culture based upon support, praise, encouragement and challenge to reach high personal standards
- An ethos of respect and responsibility to others and the environment
- Encourage and foster effective communication and partnership between school, home and the community
We work hard to make sure that our children are happy, well supported and play their part in school life. We are a good school where everyone succeeds.